27 Aug TC Electronic Hof Mini
If you are looking for an uncomplicated reverb pedal, with a small footprint and great sound – this Hall of Fame Mini could be it! TC are one of the best known names in pedals and produce a range of ten reverb pedals from the budget Skysurfer at £30 up to the Hall of Fame X4 at £180, including the Hall of Fame series, Flourescence Shimmer, Drip Spring, Arena and Trinity.
All have great, high quality sounds and some benefit from their built-in TonePrints, which allows you to download your favourite reverb to the pedal.
The Hall of Fame Series starts with the Hof Mini, which we have here. This is a compact pedal with built-in TonePrints and features:
• High-quality reverb pedal offers all the phenomenal reverb tones you could want in an ultra-compact format
• Preloaded with the legendary TC Electronic hall reverb, with additional award-winning Hall of Fame reverb effects available via TonePrints
• TonePrint-enabled to let you beam cool signature tones into your pedal with the free TonePrint App
• Design your own customized reverb effects from scratch with free TonePrint Editor for PC, Mac*, and iPad*
• Simple one-knob control lets you focus on playing
• True bypass allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off
• Analog-Dry-Through maintains total integrity of analog dry signal path even when reverb is engaged
• Works flawlessly with guitar and FX loop signals
• Extra-small enclosure easily fits on any pedal board
The preloaded hall reverb is excellent by itself and could be all you need if, like me, you prefer hall reverb to plate and spring. If not, you can simply find the reverb you want on their app and download it to the pedal. Easy!
With one control – a Reverb knob that sets the level – you can’t go far wrong. Using the Reverb knob to set the amount of reverb still lets the natural tone of your guitar come through as the knob acts as a wet/dry control being analogue dry-through.
Plus, if you plug it into your computer using the mini USB on the side you can create your own reverb, if the preloaded one is not to your taste.
Many reverb pedals are very complicated and feature all manner of controls, but if you like yours simple and just want to turn it on and leave it, then this could be for you!
Links to other pages
How to choose an effects pedal
Effects pedals you need on your board
27 August 2020