09 Apr EHX Mod 11 £134.99
So, you have a digital amp that does every amp sound you want so why not a pedal that does everything (well almost) modulation? It saves space, is versatile and doesn’t require a degree in tap dancing to get at the sounds you want. Enter the EHX Mod11.
Effects included are: tremolo, harmonic tremolo, vibrato, univibe, chorus, a rotary speaker emulation, flange, through-zero flange, phase, pitch-shift, and filter.
You can select from these 11 modulation effect types adding Depth, Rate, Volume/Color using the other three knobs, which will give you a huge variety of sounds.
The small Mode switch in the middle gives you variations of each effect and the Rate and Color knobs can have secondary functions also. This means, for example, that you can have different flavours of tremolo by using the secondary functions. And the same with all the other effects which is cool.
As you would expect with EHX, the sound quality is really good. Just don’t forget to read the manual!
1. TREM: Tremolo modulates your signal’s volume. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
2. HARM: Harmonic tremolo. The signal is split into high and low frequency bands and modulated between the two. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
3. VIBR: Vibrato modulates your instrument’s pitch. Selectable modes allow your playing envelope to control modulation rate or depth.
4. UNI: pays homage to the classic Univibe®. Includes “Chorus” and “Vibrato” modes plus added overdrive
5. CHORUS: Warbling, doubling, chorus effect like the EHX Small Clone. Extra modes include tri-chorus and bass chorus effects
6. ROTARY: Rotary speaker cabinet simulation. Extra functionality includes overdrive plus envelope control over rotation speed
7. FLANGE: Flanging with modes for both additive and subtractive flanger. Multiple LFO shapes, including envelope follower
8. TZF: Through Zero Flanger. A flanger effect that crosses through the “zero point” of the sweep where the modulated delayed signal meets back with the dry signal. Modes for both additive and subtractive flanger, plus barber-pole flanger
9. PHASE: Choose from 4, 6, or 8 stage phaser. Multiple LFO shapes including envelope follower
10. PITCH: Modulated pitch shifter. Select your main pitch shift and modulate around it. Extra functionality includes a dry blend and stepped pitch modes
11. FILT: Modulated filter effects like those on classic analog synths. Low Pass, High Pass and Band Pass. Multiple LFO shapes available including a Q-Tron style envelope follower
Momentary Mode lets you seamlessly switch in and out of effects mode for quick accents. It also features Tap Tempo controllable via the built-in footswitch or an external one. The Mod 11 is modulation with warp drive!
DEPTH Knob – The exact use of this knob depends on the modulation type you are using. For most effects it sets the depth or intensity of the effect. For the Rotary effect it sets the balance between the rotating drum and horn signals.
RATE Knob – Sets the modulation speed. In some mod types, turning this knob to minimum enters Filter Matrix Mode.
VOLUME / COLOR Knob – For the first six modulation effects, this is simply a volume knob. For the last five it has a different use. For FLANGE, TZF, and PHASE it sets the amount of feedback, which increases the resonance and emphasis of the effect. For PITCH it sets the centre pitch shift that the modulation happens around. For FILT, it sets the resonance.
Modulation Type Knob – This knob is an 11-position rotary switch that selects which of the MOD 11’s modulation types is active.
MODE Button – This button cycles through the available modes of the active modulation type. Each modulation type two or three modes which modify the behaviour of the active modulation type.
Supply voltage range: 7.5 to 18VDC
Current consumption at 9VDC: 5 mA
Input impedance: 260K
Output impedance: 25K Ohm’s
Complete bypass (true bypass)
Requires a 9V battery (not supplied) or 9V power supply
Links to other pages
9 February 2021